Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register


Post Reply 
 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
No WAY are they Cutting (YouKnowWho)'s Funeral from HBP!
07-05-2008, 04:04 PM
Post: #11
Re: No WAY are they Cutting (YouKnowWho)'s Funeral from HBP!
they always cut stuff in the movies
i've only seen the first 4 movies but with everyone of them the only similarity to the books and character's names and the very very general story line
for me it's very hard ro believe that J.K rowling is involved in the creating of the movies

<br />[Image: event.png]
<br />
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2008, 04:06 PM
Post: #12
Re: No WAY are they Cutting (YouKnowWho)'s Funeral from HBP!
She is, but not as much as she should be. She does have her say, but generally she stays out of the film production, visting occassionly. I hope she doesn't let them do this!

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2008, 04:49 PM
Post: #13
Re: No WAY are they Cutting (YouKnowWho)'s Funeral from HBP!
I hate the HP movies. Of course I've seen them all multiple times, but only because they're funny to watch and I am a diehard fan. But as for the movies doing a good job representing the books...I can't even believe how much they've butchered them!!!

Not adding that funeral (props Cassie for the blacked out text, so considerate!) is totally ridiculous. And of course they opt to add scenes that just aren't there, and shouldn't be there. The producers of this movie should realize that people with see HP no matter what, why couldn't they make the films GOOD?!?!

They just go for the crazy action scenes, and leave all of the substance of the books out. This was okay for the first few, because the books were more lighthearted. But NOW...if you don't have the substance, you might as well just forget it.
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2008, 04:53 PM
Post: #14
Re: No WAY are they Cutting (YouKnowWho)'s Funeral from HBP!
I completely agree Nicole. That's why the first two are my favourites. Well, the third is my favourite, but the earlier two have some kind of charm about them that I love. Perhaps because they are little in those? Tongue

And the worst thing? David Yates is directing all of the films left now! Argh, I don't like him, personally.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2008, 05:14 PM
Post: #15
Re: No WAY are they Cutting (YouKnowWho)'s Funeral from HBP!
I wasn't too happy with the third movie. Namely because Sirius Black was one of my favorite characters and they made him totally crazy. At least they shined him up a bit for the 5th movie.

I am soooo scared to watch the six and seventh movies. I cried for both of the books and I don't know if I want to see that HORRIBLE Dumbledore destroy them. I loved the first Dumbledore, he was perfect! The second one is awful, and totally unlike the Dumbledore in the book.
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2008, 05:29 PM
Post: #16
Re: No WAY are they Cutting (YouKnowWho)'s Funeral from HBP!
Richard Harris was THE Dumbledore. He was PERFECT! Michael Gambon completely destroyed him, you are not alone in thinking this way - most fans do. He is not sweet and kind and funny and shy (in the Dumbledore-ish way, Dumbledore was very gentle) like Richard was.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2008, 06:15 PM
Post: #17
Re: No WAY are they Cutting (YouKnowWho)'s Funeral from HBP!
unfortunatly richared died (at least from what i know)
the 3rd book was my favorite (but i've only read the first 5) and i totally hated the movie
they took out so much out of the book (i was watching it with my cousin and after that he was surprised they didn't have cho or what ever her name was) and they completly changed the set between the 2nd and 3rd movies
it looked completly different and that annoyed me the entire movie
but like i said earlier the only similarities between the books and the movies are the character's names and a vrey general main idea

<br />[Image: event.png]
<br />
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Post: #18
Re: No WAY are they Cutting (YouKnowWho)'s Funeral from HBP!
Yes, Richard died of Hodgkin's Disease in 2002. It's really sad he missed out on playing Dumbledore for the movies, I am sure he was greatly looking forward to them. He was a great actor. Michael Gambon is a disgrace and insult to Dumbledore and in someway, Richard.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2008, 06:45 PM
Post: #19
Re: No WAY are they Cutting (YouKnowWho)'s Funeral from HBP!
Was it really way back in 2002? It seems like it was just yesterday...

I miss him terribly. But Cassie and I have had a LONG conversation about this. Wink

[center][Image: icon110.png]
[Image: 7.png]
[Image: 8.png]
<br />[Image: donutmanatee2.gif]
<br />It's...the doughnut manatee. XD
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2008, 08:10 PM
Post: #20
Re: No WAY are they Cutting (YouKnowWho)'s Funeral from HBP!
I was sooooo angry when in the fourth movie Dumbledore flipped out on Harry for the goblet incident. Dumbledore would never do that.

And in the fifth movie when the Trelawney gets fired and he yells at all the students something along the lines of, "Don't you have studying to do?!!!" I could not believe it! Dumbledore would NEVER EVER EVER do that. He/producers should be sued.
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)