Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register


Post Reply 
 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
New Cover Art
16-11-2008, 03:17 PM
Post: #51
Re: New Cover Art
Wow, I'm a little suprised that this may in fact be the actual game cover (though something tells me they'll change it)

But, what doesn't surprise me is that there are quite a few games where EA has put s3x as the main focus on a cover. (See Grand Theft Auto) yes, its a game about stealing etc, but a lady in a skimpy bikini licking a lolly pop has little to do with the game. Your character can't even be a girl lol.

That said, I'm a little disappointed with the way a lot of things have been handled compared to how they used to be.

Ts3/EA team doesn't seem very concerned with the likes of its fans since the big take over. I'm really excited about the game but new owners, new rules I guess.

I'm not looking forward to the SP and EP covers if this is what we have to look forwards to.
I can picture it now...  Babies R'US themed stuff pack(toys and clothes and options for kids and babies) with a lady holding two screaming babies with her cleavage taking over half the box! Ones kicking and screaming, the other is focused on getting his lolly pop out of mommys ginormous saddle bag cleavage crack lol.

Yet, it has nothing to do with the babies, but s3x sure does sell (puts thumb up)

New 17&quot; Laptop with wireless printer/scanner combo-$1,400<br />Sims 3 Pre-order-$70<br />College Books-$500<br />Being envied by your friends while they cram for exams and you play TS3- PRICELESS!!!!<br /><br />Forget Visa, Mastercard, and American Express- it pays to Discover!!!!
Quote this message in a reply
16-11-2008, 05:15 PM
Post: #52
Re: New Cover Art
i am so P.O.ed!!!

if they dont change it by January i might be able to get the game!
Quote this message in a reply
16-11-2008, 08:15 PM
Post: #53
Re: New Cover Art
Im disgusted at the cover...but fortunately i am old enough to make my own decisions therefore i will have no trouble purchasing the game...however those who do..talking to your parents will definately help your situation.

[Image: twilight199.png]
[Image: twilight18-1.png]
[Image: 102.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
17-11-2008, 12:20 AM
Post: #54
Re: New Cover Art
i will wait and see if they change it

i hope they do
Quote this message in a reply
17-11-2008, 02:42 AM
Post: #55
Re: New Cover Art
If they don't chang it. Simmers may have to fork out the extra cash for the collector's edition.

That way, its a blank cover, if the game inside has the origional cover, you could toss it or keep it hidden hehe.

New 17&quot; Laptop with wireless printer/scanner combo-$1,400<br />Sims 3 Pre-order-$70<br />College Books-$500<br />Being envied by your friends while they cram for exams and you play TS3- PRICELESS!!!!<br /><br />Forget Visa, Mastercard, and American Express- it pays to Discover!!!!
Quote this message in a reply
17-11-2008, 03:14 AM
Post: #56
Re: New Cover Art
That is a solution...

Also, I shouldn't be imposing kids to do bad things but...

If you have enough saved up money and your parents didn't say that you can't get the game, and you are the kid that your parents lets go to stores alone, while your parent is shopping at another store..here is a solution...

Go to a store and buy the game.  When you buy the game, throw away the box, put the game in your purse, or whatever, and make sure it isn't sticking out.  Keep your receipt, so you have proof you didn't steal it.

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
Quote this message in a reply
17-11-2008, 03:30 AM
Post: #57
Re: New Cover Art
yeah being sneaky never hurt anyone..
if your old enough to have your own money...and can attend a store alone i think thats a great solution.

[Image: twilight199.png]
[Image: twilight18-1.png]
[Image: 102.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
17-11-2008, 04:30 AM
Post: #58
Re: New Cover Art
Wow.. I'm really upset about this cover.  I mean, I'm getting the Collector's Edition, and my mom has already ordered it for me, but this could really hurt EA.  There'll be more people like that guy who was talking about how you can remove the blurs in TS2 and blah blah blah.. Hmm.  Maybe things won't be so bad.

I can't do the talk, like the talk on the TV. And I<br />can't do a love song, like the way it's meant to be.<br />I can't do everything, but I'd do anything for you..<br />I can't do anything except be in love with you&lt;3
Quote this message in a reply
17-11-2008, 05:14 AM
Post: #59
Re: New Cover Art
ya, I think my parents are convincable its just that this cover (if it is the true cover) won't help much.  But I'm like 99.9% sure I am getting the game so anyway, ya.

EA just shouldn't have put this cover out at all though even if it is a teaser...they seem to not care what thier fans think of them right now.

~ Laura ~<br /><br />[Image: buffythevampireslayer.png]
<br /><br />[red]Only a vampire can love you forever.<br /><br />[green]TS3 comes out June 2!!!&nbsp; Get Excited!!!<br /><br />[Image: 6Q1Z.gif]
<br />[Image: 6RHK.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: 04q7.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: Rx9p.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: w2pa.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: ttv4.gif]
Quote this message in a reply
17-11-2008, 06:24 AM (This post was last modified: 17-11-2008 06:27 AM by Scene23.)
Post: #60
Re: New Cover Art
That's funny Yummybunny. But honestly everyone I personally think someone from EA/The Sims 3 team, had nothing else to do, so instead pasting the plain green box with the Sims 3 symbol - they decided to be creative and put together these characters looking all provocative to promote attention to the average gamer looking for The Sims 3. I like the cover I see nothing wrong with it, but common sense I know this isnt the actual cover, meerly a teaser art from someones creative mind; but maybe yet a disturbing mind, depends how you look at it.

When I look at this cover, first thing comes to mind is these spoiled rich kids promoting Sunset Valley, almost how TV shows or soap operas promote their shows. The cleveage doesnt bother me at all, I've seen worse.

But on a lighter note, I believe the actual game cover will be very closely related to how The Sims 2 did, with a variety of different characters posed in different positions, based off their personality traits, because after all that is the biggest change and biggest thing drawing fans and new ones alike is that game scheme. Maybe the picture on this "cover art" will be in the game somehow as an artwork you could change and design to put in your teens rooms if you want. Remember the woman with a big apple on her head, the art picture in The Sims 2.

So I wouldnt worry everyone, this team of the game are very smart and know fiancially they will possibly lose some draw back with artwork like that, since the rating is 12+, or for everyone. Even though I do not see why it would be for everyone since The Sims has always had sexual themes in it. So kids under the age of 8, I doubt your parents will buy it for you. But also to end this, just be lucky that Sims 3 isnt rated M, because then I know a lot of people would have something to worry about.  Big Grin

The Sims 3 Is Right Around the Corner - Waiting For Our Hands to Grab It!
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)