Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register


Post Reply 
 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
It's just not fair!
22-07-2008, 10:07 AM
Post: #1
It's just not fair!
Before my school holidays, which recently ended, we were asked to write a short report like story about what we do when we arrive at school. Now, we get a school newsletter, about monthly, and some children's stories are put into it. So you probably suspect, mine was.

I had written this story, glad and proud of myself, as I love to write, but something was different. My story had mostly changed! Unfair much?

The secretaries or my teacher went along and changed most of my story, as if it wasn't good enough. They like the base of it, but then go and change sentences. I'll show you one of the changes:

Mine: "There we wait, patiently in line, standing as still as statues, as we wait for a teacher to begin assembly."
Now: "There we wait, still as the calmness before a great storm."

No offence school, but:

1. I gave you no permission to edit, or change my story in any way.
2. You made it sound as if I was a book-worm, who observes the way the weather changes, and what-not.
3. Nothing was wrong with my story before hand. Everyone who read it, liked it.

What do you think, as i'm very disappointed in them.
Quote this message in a reply
22-07-2008, 12:48 PM
Post: #2
Re: It's just not fair!
you really should talk to them, that's really rude of them to do something like that! I would be pissedddd. Do your parents know?
Quote this message in a reply
22-07-2008, 01:01 PM
Post: #3
Re: It's just not fair!
Definitely tell them that it's unfair. they had no right to do that!

[center][Image: RIVERBACK.png]
[/center]
Quote this message in a reply
22-07-2008, 01:01 PM
Post: #4
Re: It's just not fair!
Whoa, that really wasn't fair. Your story is your story and it shouldn't be changed in anyway (except maybe spelling but that's different). They changed that sentence a lot so I dread to think how much the story as a whole was altered. Have you asked them why they have done this, especially without your permission? You should just ask them nicely and let them know you were quite hurt by it.

[Image: mirandacosgrovecassie.png]
Quote this message in a reply
22-07-2008, 01:39 PM
Post: #5
Re: It's just not fair!
Your version is much better, it describes what you're doing. The school shouldn't do that. Have you told your parents and teachers?
Quote this message in a reply
22-07-2008, 01:47 PM
Post: #6
Re: It's just not fair!
That's bad, really. If everyone who read it, liked it, why change it?!  {blink}

-'BlondBimbo

[center] [color=pink]Click here to visit my Flickr-account![/center]<br /><br />[center][Image: 4551831341_6aed0dc01d_s.jpg]
[Image: 4117563128_9c3c280b5d_s.jpg]
[Image: 4450527842_a3542a1668_s.jpg]
[Image: 4502276389_3bd7c60509_s.jpg]
[Image: 4412261932_ee7ddeaa85_s.jpg]
<br /><br />[color=pink]Follow me on Twitter: <br />[b]@MelissaDTH<br />@Amirightband[/center]
Quote this message in a reply
23-07-2008, 08:53 AM
Post: #7
Re: It's just not fair!
@ Amber: Yes, my parents do know, but they don't really care.
@ Cassie: I agree. Both my friend and I should BOTH go, because they did the same to hers aswell.
@ Lizzie: Thankyou, and i'm not saying this because it's my own work, but "As still as the weather before a storm?". Hmm, okay... ;p

Thanks for all your support in this. I might as well print the page and rub it in their faces. <;DD
Quote this message in a reply
23-07-2008, 09:17 AM
Post: #8
Re: It's just not fair!
Yes you should!

I would be absolutely fuming if they did that to me!

[center][Image: RIVERBACK.png]
[/center]
Quote this message in a reply
23-07-2008, 06:41 PM
Post: #9
Re: It's just not fair!
^Total agreementness
Quote this message in a reply
29-07-2008, 05:19 AM
Post: #10
Re: It's just not fair!
Did you say anything to the school about it?
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 


Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)